Just 3 ingredients will make the delicious apple champa
Sometimes things need to be done quickly, and luckily there are delicious recipes that require little time and few ingredients. With these crunchy apple crumbles, you’ll be able to convince your announced visitors at short notice without any problems.
Whether you’re waiting for friends over coffee or just want a sweet and crunchy snack, these quick apple replacements are perfect for both. With a scoop of vanilla ice cream, they are an absolute treat in the recent hot weather. And they are also incredibly simple.
This is how the apple business succeeds
- 2 packages puff pastry rolls
- 2 apples
- 150 g dark chocolate chips
- optional: 1 package of vanilla ice cream and a mixture of sugar and cinnamon
- Wash and clean the apples, then cut them into thin slices.
- Heat a pan with a lid on medium-high and add the apple pieces with a little water. Put the lid on and let the apple pieces fry for four minutes.
- Turn off the heat and use the residual heat to mix the chocolate chips with the apple pieces.
- Now preheat the oven to the desired temperature according to the puff pastry container.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut the dough into six rectangles at a time.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of filling in the top corner (on the short side of the rectangle) and fold the free short end over. Pinch the ends of the dough together with the tines of the overlapping fork – make sure there are no gaps at the edges.
- Place the finished dumplings on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. If you want, you can carefully cut three slits on the surface with a knife and sprinkle the finished apple coins with a little sugar.
- Cook the apple rotations according to the instructions on the package (usually twelve and 15 minutes). After all, they should be golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the apples from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Serve while still warm, with an optional scoop of vanilla ice cream and a dusting of sugar and cinnamon sprinkled lightly over the creation.
A little suggestion: If you want the apple swirl to look especially golden, you can brush the dumplings with egg yolk before baking.
That’s as good as it gets
Instead of chocolate chips, you can also use cream or butter and a little sugar for the apple mixture. With the sugar, the apples caramelize slightly if they are steamed in the pan beforehand. If you want to choose a more natural variation, you can also use honey here. This also tastes amazing. Other fruits such as strawberries are also possible in summer.